Ait Ben Haddou Day Tour
Take a private tour of Ouarzazate and Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah and enjoy the VIP treatment. Your own driver guide, fully qualified and accredited, you will discover Ouarzazate and Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah in the best way possible.
Destination: Ouarzazate and Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah
Availability: Every day at 8:00 am
The time of collection: 7:30 am
Duration: One day
Clothing: Comfortable clothes, comfortable shoes, hat, jacket and sunscreen.
- • Explore a scenic route, passing through the High Atlas via the collar Tichka located at 2260 m altitude.
- • Visit the ancient Kasbah Talouet, located near a small Berber village.
- • Cross an old caravan trail and arrive at the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou.
- • Discover the lifestyle of desert nomads.
- • Lunch in a typical restaurant.
Morning departure for Ait benhadou and Telouet Kasbahs day trip that takes you across the chain of the High Atlas mountains and over the famous Tizi-n-Tichka pass(2260 m). All along the road you can see the Berber villages scattered along the side of the mountains.
After the Tichka pass 2262m, we leave the main road and take a side road to the Telouet Kasbah, which belonged to the Pacha of the Atlas, the Glaoui, which stands in ruins after the last Pasha fled the country after the departure of the French. From there you continue for lunch at Ait Ben Haddou along the newly asphalted road. The afternoon is spent exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou, This is the most famous of all Moroccan kasbahs, largely due to its appearance in many Hollywood blockbusters. It was one of the most important fortress strongholds on the old Salt Road caravan routes, where traders brought slaves, gold, ivory and salt from sub-Saharan Africa to Marrakesh and beyond. After lunch back to Marrakesh.
What is included:
- • Departure from your hotel or Riad in a private vehicle, driver speaking English
- • Transport to / from your accommodation
What is not included:
- • Lunch between 5 to 15 Euros
- • Guided tour of Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou 2 Euros
- • Drinks
- • Optional activities
- • Personal expenses